Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Loving Mommyhood

I can't believe my baby is almost 3 weeks old! We took him to the doctor for his first appointment the Monday after he was born. He gained back almost all of the weight he lost while in the hospital. They wanted to be sure he would continue to gain weight, so they asked me to bring him in for a weight check that Thursday. Well, we all had nothing to worry about! The little piglet gained 8 ounces in 3 days! Here is a picture of him before his first doctor's appointment. Greg was able to get him smiling-check out those dimples!

We have no real routine yet-Sawyer loves to sleep and eat, and as long as those two things are taken care of, he is a really happy baby. He also loves to snuggle-he can fall asleep in anyone's arms. He is a noisy little guy though-especially while eating and sleeping. I wonder who he is talking to while he dreams (He gets this from his dad-Greg talks in his sleep all the time!)

Here are some more pics of my sweet baby. His hair changes color-it goes from blonde to red-depending on his mood. Also, if he gets mad and starts crying, his hair will stand up on its own-kind of like a cat!



Here Sawyer is getting his first kiss from a girl-an older girl at that! : )

We have a bajillion other pictures, but they aren't on the computer yet. I will keep them coming!

11 comments:

Becky J. said...

Oh, he's so yummy! What great hair! Blonde and red are both great, so whichever it ends up being, he'll be so so cute!

And hooray for good babies who are just happy to eat, sleep, and poop. Glad you're loving this time!

Huse Yo Mama said...

Oh my gosh, he's perfect! The dimples and the little mohawk make me MELT!! Good job, mom!

Tonya said...

He is soooooo cute! Loving all that hair...I am sure he is going to be ridiculously fun and happy just like Mom and Dad...

hugs and kisses to him...

Tonya

Alyssa said...

Adorable :-)

And how are YOU doing??? Are you getting some rest??

Mrs. B said...

Oh, that first picture really is pretty cute. What a smile :)

jessica said...

Melissa, your son is so dang cute! I love his hair. I am so happy that you are enjoying motherhood. I hope you post more pictures soon! Congrats again on your new bundle of Boy!

Cardon + Kelly Webb said...

these pictures are so cute!!! Can't wait to meet him. Miss you and hope you are feeling better.

The Kipper Family said...

Sawyer is adorable! I am glad that motherhood is treating you well. Keep us updated.

Paula said...

He really looks like Greg in the first one(I hope that makes him happy to hear). I am loving the kissing one-that Lydia she is a fast one.

Sarah Jayne said...

What a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations, again! He's just perfect!

Jensen Fam said...

He is so stinkin cute! I'm glad he is such a good baby. Enjoy all the fun a little baby brings, especially the first one when there is no one else around to take care of. :)