Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Say hello to Sawyer!

Sawyer Max Pyne was born at 9:02 pm on October 27th, weighing 9 lbs 1 oz, 22 inches long. Melissa was post-term a few days, and Sawyer was measuring pretty large, so she ended up having to be induced. Labor progressed slowly though, and the little guy didn't seem to like her contractions very much, so in the end she had a C-section. And after all that, she still didn't even curse me or complain. Isn't she the most beautiful woman - pregnant or otherwise - that you've ever seen?
Since he was a little bit overbaked and had some stressful contractions, Sawyer had some meconium (poop) in his amniotic fluid. So they suctioned his lungs out and watched him closely for a short time in the NICU.
In this next picture, he really looks like a redhead. And he really does have a reddish tint to his hair, but here it looks especially red (they hadn't shampooed the meconium out of his hair yet.)
Here is a video of Sawyer just after his arrival to the NICU and just after being cleaned off. People were anxious to get to see him.



Here he shows how his first priority is to eat. He also gets to meet Grandma Cashman.



Sawyer and Dad talk about life outside the womb.




The Pyne family:
Taking a walk (Meli's first since the delivery)
He's sporting some sideburns, trying to look like his dear ol' dad

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Melissa, he is beautiful! Congratulations! Sounds like you had the same labor experience as me. If you need any c-section recovery advice, let me know! You look great! Enjoy him.

Becky J. said...

Yahoo! Welcome to the world, Baby Sawyer! He's adorable! And red hair to boot! Red heads rule! I'm so glad he's finally here and it was fun to see videos of the cute little guy and pictures of the rest of you. You look great, Mel! Great job, and keep the pics coming! (And feel better soon!) Love ya!

Huse Yo Mama said...

Oh my gosh, you look BEAUTIFUL and Sawyer is perfect!! I love me some big babies!!! Congratulations to you guys!!! Get some rest and make sure someone is cooking you some delicious food!

Melissa said...

Congratulations, you two! I love this post so much--all the pics and videos. I almost feel like I was there for the whole thing. OK, not really, but it was so nice.
Your baby is so precious! His lip-smacking is the sweetest! I also love how he really seemed to be focusing on his daddy's voice.
Good job, Meli! Hope your recovery is SPEEDY! Love you!

elise and jeff said...

He is so cute...I just love the name Sawyer too!! Congrats!!!!!

Tonya said...

Congrats you guys! He is perfect and sooooo cute! What a big baby boy!

Melissa,

I hope you are recovering well...I am thinking about you...

xoxo

Tonya

Megan said...

Congrats!!! He is BEAUTIFUL! I loved the videos. His cry is so sweet and I can't believe how alert he is. Way to already be up and walking around. I can't wait to see more pictures. I hope you are feeling well.

Rebecca said...

i almost fell out of my chair looking at that red hair!!!! i LOVE red hair!! he is just a doll. keep up that walking, it really does help.

Clarise and Ryan Pedersen said...

he's so perfect! Welcome to the world, Sawyer! congratulations!! what an absolutely beautiful family!!

Alyssa said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats! What a wonderful little family :-)
Recover soon-- and Happy upcoming Birthday Meli!

Hugs--

Daddy Cashman said...

Meli and Greg, Great job!!! Sawyer is perfect!!! A handsome man, just like his daddy!! I am so proud of you three wonderful people in my life. Meli you are a terffic mom and Greg a fantastic dad. You guys are a true blessing. God Bless your family.
Love daddy Cashman,

Heather Alvarez said...

How cute is he... Holy Cashman btw! No denying that little one has Cashman blood! What a cutie pie I can't wait to hold him.

Sarah Jayne said...

Way to go, Melissa! What a handsome boy! He sure has a lot of light hair!! How cute! I hope you're feeling well and getting lots of rest!

jessica said...

Baby Sawyer is beautiful! I hope you are recovering okay from the C-section. I had one and I will be going that way in the future! It totally sucks when you labor for so long... I wish you all the best! Please keep the pictures and updates coming!

Cardon + Kelly Webb said...

So cute!!! Congrats! Can't wait to meet him. Hope everyone is doing well. Miss you guys.

deo said...

Melissa --- you have created a "masterpiece"!!! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful baby boy!!! (Of course, he has an awfully amazing gene pool to draw from!)

We send our love and warmest wishes to your sweet little family, and want baby Sawyer to know he has "extended" family in Virginia with an "extra" grandma & grandpa and an eccentric traveling "aunt" to spoil him!!! (Not that Grammy Cashman will need any help doing that all by herself, I am sure!!!)

Luv Y'all

Jensen Fam said...

Oh my goodness! He is beautiful! You look so lovely too momma! Enjoy, it just gets better every day! Great documentary Greg, I don't think many men out there could create such a wonderful blog entry. :) Congratulations!!!!

Cardon + Kelly Webb said...

Happy Birthday yesterday!!! Sorry i didn't get to call you. I am at work still but i am thinking of you! Hope it was wonderful.