Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The nursery is almost finished...

The only thing missing, is a baby. Now if Melissa would just stop procrastinating... Actually, it's not her fault I'm sure. More likely, our boy takes after his good old dad. I have mastered the art of procrastination for many, many years, but really, who am I kidding, it's just in my DNA.

We were given the most wonderful gift by the builder of our house, Barbara Parker, and her family. She hired a professional artist to paint the nursery for us. Her name is Jessica Rollins, and let me tell you - she is an amazing artist and a perfectionist-she made sure everything was just perfect for our little boy. We had the basic idea of what we wanted, and she took those ideas and made a beautiful room. If anyone would like her contact info just let us know. We would wholeheartedly recommend her.

As you will notice in the pictures, we have finally decided on a name. We wanted to put it up on the wall, and I wanted it to be unique and playful, so I just started cutting up some bamboo and made the letters. I think it turned out pretty cool.

16 comments:

Sarah Jayne said...

What an awesome room! I've been faithfully checking the blog to see if that little guy has come yet! I hope everything goes well when he does! How exciting!

Mrs. Fabulous said...

I. AM. FREAKING. OUT!!!!!!!!!!! That nursery is to DIE for!

Mel, that is SO sweet...and Sawyer, what a precious name!! (and oh, so southern!) :>)

Can't wait for little Sawyer to come out and play!

Megan said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! What a great paint job. It is all sooo cute! Now hurry up baby Sawyer and get here!...Love the name.

Mrs. B said...

Yea, Sawyer is such a cute name! And that room is freakin adorable!

Paula said...

Love the room and LOVE name! Can't wait for the little guy to finally come. This is too exciting.

elise and jeff said...

That room is just AMAZING, my sister Celeste does murals, but that one is just PERFECT!! Congrats, how exciting!

Becky J. said...

Oh my goodness, that is so adorable! She did an amazing job! Now I have room envy. I love what you did, and I love the name you chose for the little guy, too! Now I just can't wait to see him in his suite!

Alyssa said...

Fantastic! And Sawyer on Lost is hot... so that gives a boost to the name :-)
Love the room- the mural is fantastic and I love the stripes too.
Hugs to you both :-)

Sarah N. said...

This room is so amazing!!! Love it! Love it! Love it! Definitely "Southern Living" or "Martha Stewart" worthy! I'm also completely impressed by how crafty/handy Greg is...way to go in making all those letters out of bamboo! I am so excited for both of you...Sawyer couldn't be joining a better home or have a more incredible mom! You are the absolute best Meli! Love you!

P.S. I love the name Sawyer too! Very nice!

Jensen Fam said...

Oh my goodness! Looks so perfect and I would love to bring home a baby, rock him to sleep, and change him, etc. in that room! Enjoy!!!

Melissa said...

Wow, guys! Some editor from a big home decorating magazine has got to get pictures of that room! It just needs to be featured in "BH&G" or "Southern Living" or SOMETHING! It's awesome! It's just so unique and beautiful.

Melissa said...

PS, by the way, I love the name, too!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! That is gorgeous!!!! I LOVE stripes and the colors are awesome! And the name is adorable. So, I am assuming that baby has noy come yet?

Huse Yo Mama said...

YAY! I love his name and his nursery!! So gorgeous!

I hope you are having baby Sawyer right this second and enjoy every minute of it. :-)

Rebecca said...

Congrats!!! I love the name Sawyer. He is super cute!!

Stacy Christian said...

Congrats on the new baby! That is so exciting! I love the nursery and the name as well.