Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Creamy Banana Pudding


So sorry for the lack of posts lately. We will do better! I wanted to post this super easy and delicious banana pudding recipe. It is favorite in the Cashman family, and I am hoping it will be a favorite for y'all too!
Creamy Banana Pudding

1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding mix (french vanilla works too)
2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped and sweetened with a little sugar (Cool Whip works too)
3-4 bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice( this keeps them from turning brown)
1 box of vanilla wafers

In a large bowl, combine Eagle Brand and water. Add pudding mix; beat until well blended. Chill 5 minutes.
Fold whipped cream into chilled pudding mixture ( save about 1/3 cup of whipped cream for the top). Layer pudding mixture, vanilla wafers, then bananas. Repeat layering, about 2-3 times, ending with whipped cream on top. Garnish as desired. Chill thoroughly. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
*You can use a trifle bowl, casserole dish, or individual parfait glasses.
*I usually have 1 banana at a time in the lemon juice. After I layer the banana, I'll slice the new banana in the lemon juice and let it soak while I place pudding and vanilla wafers. This way, the bananas don't taste too lemony.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Paula said...

yum! It is an awesome recipe and I am super excited you posted it.

AmyB said...

I can't believe you told the family secret. Shame on you! :)

Sarah N. said...

Mel this looks so good! I can't wait to try this. I'm going to make it next weekend when my mom and sister are in town...I need people to share with for fear that I'll eat the whole thing!(:>) They love your candy apple salad and I'm sure this will be a big hit as well!

Cardon + Kelly Webb said...

The looks super yummy. I am going to have to try it soon. p.s. happy happy birthday greg!

Unknown said...

that looks sooo good...