Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cruisin'

Having just returned from a relaxing Caribbean cruise, we've decided to make the plunge into blogging. No more excuses. After all, the office downstairs is finally clean, and now it's time to share a bit of our lives with y'all. (By the way, this is Greg, not Meli that is typing, just in case the y'all threw you off.)
We had a great time with the family on the MS. Noordam. Terry and Sue were very generous to take the whole brood (14 total) with them on a family vacation. It had been quite a while since being together with everyone.
We sailed out of New York, and visited Grand Turk, Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and San Juan. If you're wondering why we would fly to NYC to cruise to the Caribbean, it's because my beautiful sister Kelly and her husband Cardon (also beautiful) live there.

Here we are returning from our first scuba diving trip in Grand Turk. The sea life was abundant. A grouper was there that was so tame it swam next to us and let us pet it. We saw a large sea turtle, a giant crab, some stingrays, baracuda, and lots of colorful coral.
We decided to do a different sort of cruisin around St. Maarten. The island is the perfect size to explore in an afternoon on a scooter. We visited a couple of beaches for some swimming. One was next to the airport, and when the planes landed, the wind would blow/sandblast you, driving you back into the sea. We also visited the nude beach on the French side, which was pretty scary, and almost took away our appetites, except that the food was delicious. Just ask my nephew Kenton.
We are waiting to get the other pictures from our family. We will try our best to keep this blog updated with new and exciting things that are going on in our lives -- and when there isn't anything new and exciting, we'll just make stuff up.

11 comments:

Mr. Roberts said...

Alright! I'm the first commenter in the history of the Pyne Blog. That's awesome.
Sweet pics. Welcome to the online community.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Yippee!!! This is awesome. Welcome aboard!

Becky J. said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're blogging! I seriously keep better touch with people this way than any other (as lame as that is, I know) and I'm so excited to see your pictures and read about life for the Pynes! Looks like your cruise was way fun and I'm only a tiny bit (read SUPER) jealous. :)

Heather Alvarez said...

YEAH!! I'm excited you're onboard! They are cheesy but it keeps everyone in touch! I love it! By the way, how did you like Holland America? Those are GREAT ships! You know me I have to hear that scoop...

Mrs. B said...

Love it!

AmyB said...

WOO HOO! Great pics! Love you both!

Tonya said...

I have so been missing you lately...been thinking about dirty gas station yogurt and long car rides...that and all the fun fun times at BYU. I am so glad you started a blog so I can feel a little more in touch with ya!

That cruise looks so nice!

I love ya!

Hope all is well!

xoxo

Tonya

Paula said...

you really cleaned up the office???

Sarah N. said...

The pictures from your trip are so fun!!! It looks like you and Greg had the the best time. I just read Tonya's comment about the "dirty" gas station yogurt and laughed! I haven't thought about that in ages. Who knew that driving around to every Flying J. in Provo to get the best flavor selection could turn into such a fun nightly outing!!! That was the best!

Alyssa said...

When is the next installment? I think I've checked this four times this week... there has to be SOMETHING to tell us ;-) I love the cruise highlights.

I miss ya! Lots of love and hugs....

and p.s.: I'm working on my little blogterpiece and I shall reveal it to the world soon.

Tracy said...

Do you have a sister-in-law named Toni?